Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Reviews - book 2 - Paradox - Progeny Of Innocence




The Definition Of Progeny:
One born of, begotten by, or derived from another; an offspring or a descendant.
Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new
opportunities.
* * *
Sometimes, the only soul that can mend a broken heart is the one that broke it.
For they are the ones holding all the pieces.
Patti Roberts.

Book 1. Paradox - The Angels Are Here at Amazon
Smashwords - all formats
Also available at Barnes and Noble




I am thrilled, to say the least, with the reviews Paradox has been receiving.  Patti


Miss Reviewer
Miss Reviewer rated it 5 of 5 stars
about me – I’m a professional book reviewer who enjoys reading, often to the point of not being able to put a book down. You can also find my reviews on yabookscentral.com…more
Julia Crane
Julia Crane rated it 5 of 5 stars
Author:
I wasn’t supposed to read this book until I finished two others I had in front of it. After a peak inside I was sucked in and finished the book in one evening. It was a little hard to follow at times, but the author did an amazing job with the characters.
I will be reading the next in the series. I want to know more about these interesting characters and original view on angels. I’m very curious what the future holds for Grace.
I rarely give five stars, but the fact that I couldn’t sleep until I finished it deserves it.



Cypher Lx
Cypher Lx rated it 5 of 5 stars

Julie
I liked Paradox. I was torn between 4 and 5 stars, in the end, I decided the quite original plot was worth five stars.
The plot is new, it’s different, it’s something that hasn’t been done before. Good angels vs evil angels. I read a lot of paranormal literature, so the paranormal elements were already a plus point. Combine that with the element of the angel houses fighting one another over power and mortals, and it truly made for a great read with a good twist.
I found the idea very interesting. It’s a perspective that was new to me, and I can say it might be even one I’ll embrace for the future because it sounds believable. However, it took me a while to get into it because the plot is very elaborate, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. There is plenty of world building which sets a good basis for books to follow.
I’m a sucker for elaborate world building, so that definitely hit a soft spot with me. If you don’t get into it straight away, keep on reading, and you’ll understand why the description’s necessary. It’s really worth reading on.
From the two parts of the book I preferred the angel part because it captured a new world view and perspective on spirituality. The writing was good with great description and good character development (particularly the little girl). I also found the action refreshing.
It certainly held my attention so much that I’m sure the plot was what kept me glued to this book more than the characters.
I would definitely get the next book in the series to find out what happens next.
If you like a fast-paced story with new paranormal elements and well-developed characters, you will surely not be disappointed. Thoroughly recommended. Buy the book here.


5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyed this book,
I wont get heavily into the plot as the other reviews do, as I don’t want to give anything away to spoil your enjoyment of reading and coming to your own conclusions on the book and plot. I agree with the other review in that you see a different side than you normally do to angels. Usually they are depicted all sweetness and light,doing only good deeds, whereas in this book we see some of the darker angels such as Abaddon ~ angel of destruction. Also Grace goes through flashbacks to past lives, so that i found an interesting part of the book.

Definitely worth the money to download.
I have sat and read this book in one day, and am eager and interested to find out what happens next in the Paradox series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...