Friday, August 26, 2011

My name is Becky. And I am a blogger! This is my blog - Book Bite Reviews


Where were you born and where do you call home?
I was born in Oakwood Michigan, and i now live in Monroe, Michigan.

How old are you?
19

How long have you been blogging? 
I have been blogging for about 3 months now

What is the name of the book you most recently blogged about?
I just posted a review for Adrianne Ambrose's "Fangs For Nothing" Which is a Young Adult Paranormal/comedy. It was pretty good =D

What did you think about the cover?
Honestly, i hated the cover of Fangs For Nothing. It's a cartoon graphic of a guy lifting up his sleeve and he has one of those heart tattoo's that usually says "Mom" but his says "You Suck". It's just cheesy and not very glamorous. I'm a big judger of book covers and i feel that the reason i had doubt's about me liking the novel before i read it was because of the cover, but i ended up still liking the novel, which was really nice.

If you could ask the Author 3 questions what would they be?
1. Why did you end the book that way?
2. Did you ever consider writing it in a girls P.O.V?
3. Did you ever think about using a different paranormal creature or adding more than one in the story? Or did you just like the idea of having one and that particular one? 

Can you name one of your favorite chapters?
My favorite chapter would probably either be when they meet the vampire for the first time or when Rini went off on Lana.

What was you most favorite character and why?
Xander, because he seemed like such a great guy and a great friend
If this book was part of a series, would you read the next book?
I think i most likely would, just because i did really like it and it kept me reading the whole time. It never got boring. 
Was this a book you were asked to review or did you buy it?
I was asked to review it. 

Have you written a book yourself or are you planning to in the future?
You see, i have ideas for books and i can tell you what would be a good idea and what wouldn't, but i could never write my own. I  hate writing dialogue so it would be awful. I think i would be perfect for an editor. 

What genre is your favorite and why?
YA Paranormal, because i love the YA writing style and how most have romance, but i LOVE paranormal creatures. It gives it that HUGE imagination/fantasy factor.

If you were shipwrecked on a desert island what 3 books would you want with you?
Does my kindle count as one book? hehe if not i would pick Prom & Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg, Twilight By Stephenie Meyer and probably Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?
I feel like Stephenie Meyer is too famous for normal people to meet now, ya know? And i feel like she might not be as nice as i picture her or maybe she would just turn out to be super weird so i am going to go with my second top author and that is Melissa De La Cruz. I LOVE her!!

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?
Hardcover, because i love how pretty and shiny they are. I also love that their condition lasts longer (i.e. the covers dont get all bent up) and i love taking off the jacket and seeing how they decided to decorate the hard cover. I love when you take of the jacket and the hard cover isn't just plain with the title, but has some extra little surprise.

Where do you prefer to buy your books?
I did prefer to buy them from my local borders which is Walden Books, but now im trying to save money and borrow from the library, which has been working AMAZING! except now im finding amazing books that i want to decorate my shelves with so if i do end up buying them after reading them i think im going to have to buy from the book depository. 

Have you ever read a book more than once?
Yes, i have read the twilight series twice, the catcher in the rye twice, hush hush twice, the first 3 in the vampire diaries twice, and i plan on reading Thomas Amo's "Apple For Zoe" again as well as C.A. Kunz's Childe again. I think twice is my number. I've never read anything more than twice, but you never know, that could change. 

Is there a particular movie or TV series that you preferred over the book version?
The only one i can think of is Pride & Prejudice. I LOVE that movie, but i just can't see myself ever being able to read the book, even though i've never tried. Also i haven't read the Harry Potter books yet, and im scared im not gonna like em since i've already watched the movies, but im kinda doubting that one.

What book are you currently reading and in what format (ebook/paperback/hardcover)?
I'm about to start "Forgive My Fins" By Tera Lynn Childs and it is Hardcover (YAY)
What book do you know that you will never read?
"Forbidden" By Tabitha Suzuma , because it is about a brother and sister falling in love and even though i've heard it's really good, it makes me sick thinking about it and that is just one topic that i don't want to be ok with or understand. Sorry, dude, but incest just isn't my cup-o-tea.

Are there any new Authors that have grasped your interest recently and why?
Thomas Amo, because even though he writes Adult Horror his writing style is a lot like YA so it keeps me interested and in his novel he has a lot of factual scary things like the zodiac and other murderers so you get a sense of "this could really happen" while being totally scared out of your mind. 
Tamara Rose Blodgett, because she has 2 novels that i have read so far and they are unlike anything i have ever read and if you read them and don't know that she wrote them you would SWEAR two different authors wrote them, thats how amazing she is. 
C.A. Kunz, because its a mother-son duo and they write so well that you can't tell two people wrote it and also it's writing that hooks you from the start where you don't want to stop reading.
Aimee Carter, because she makes her novels very realistic and makes it easy for you to empathize with the main character.
And finally Kady Cross, because even though i have only read the prequel her writing is so different and its amazing the imagination she has.

Have you read a book that you would like to rewrite the ending of?
Yes, The Twin Dagger By Zachary Henderson. I wouldn't make it so depressing. I'd make it happy. 
What are your thoughts on book trailers?
If they are done well they can be really cool and make me want to read the book, like yours, Patti, after watching the trailer i REALLY wanted to read Paradox, but some are just cheesy and make you second guess the book, like some that i see on TV. 

Do you have a favorite book cover - chose up to 3 if you like.
1. Hush, Hush By Becca Fitzpatrick
2. An Apple for Zoe By Thomas Amo
3. Hourglass By Myra McEntire
4. Bad Taste in Boys By Carrie Harris (i know you said 3, but i couldn't pick 3 out of these)

Do you ever blog in your PJ’s?
Im pretty sure thats the only thing i blog in, because i blog late at night and early in the day before i get ready. I'm a night owl, so this is my blogging time =]

Sleep in or get up early?
SLEEP IN!! I HATE getting up early. I do like getting up early and feeling accomplished for getting so much stuff done, but i still end up staying up late, because im a moon child and then the next day im tired, because now im sleep deprived. Its a terrible cycle.
 
Patti says:  Oh, I know that feeling only tooooo well!

Favorite color?
Green

What are 3 items you never leave home without.
Cell Phone
Wallet
Hair tie 

What is your most favorite electronic gadget?
My iPhone, its so cute and such adorable cases and has everything i need when im on the go. The only thing is i can't blog on it. It's not impossible, i just don't like it. 

Favorite book character or film character crush.  Yes you can pick 2 :)
Book crush would be Patch from Becca Fitzpatrick's "Hush, Hush" and movie crush would be Robert Pattinson =D

A character you love to hate.
I think it would have to be Damon from The Vampire Diaries. I don't hate him, i just hate when he messes with Elena and tries to make her leave Stefan for him. 
 
Patti says: Me too - i really love the Damon character - his face, that smile, Yum!

Cats or dogs?
I have both, but i think i would pick Cats. They are so mysterious and quiet, and i feel like if they could talk they would be very wise, but i do LOVE cuddling with dogs, especially since i know they wont scratch or bite me =D

White wine or red?
I dont drink wine, but i think i would pick white. 

Coffee or tea?
Coffee, but cappuccino 

Favorite food?
Potato

Vanilla or chocolate icecream?
Vanilla with lots of toppings =D

What is a movie or TV show that you watched recently and really enjoyed?
Nine Lives of Chloe King, i HAVE to read those books, because that show is amazing
 
Patti says:  Yes!  I have just started watching that and I really like it!  Also a show called The lying Game and a comedy called Awkward.  Check those out :)  Most of all - the Game Of Thrones - if you like medieval type show.

What is your ideal reading environment like?
In bed, all cozy, late at night, while its raining and everyone in the house is asleep. 
 
Patti says:  Love rainy nights!

Do you like reading outdoors or inside?
This summer i recently found that i LOVE reading outside in a hammock. I found this out while camping and now im trying to get a hammock for my house, but summers almost over so its kind of pointless.

What is your favorite paranormal creature?
Probably Vampires, i don't know what it is about them, but i just really really love them. 

What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people sing a song and don't know the words. Even if one word is off it drives me insane and i have to correct them. *sorry*

How often do you blog?
Every day except for Saturday, thats my day off

What book genre have you recently found and fell in love with?
Steampunk, it's so different and awesome, and i love the idea of mixing new technologies with the past, especially renaissance times, and i love the idea of steam powered horses =D

How big is your To Be Read pile?
Last time i counted i have about 53 books and those are just books that i OWN and haven't read that's not just the books that i want to buy/read one day.

Where can we STALK you?

My facebook page: 
 
Great Answers Becky, thank you!  Happy blogging :) Patti

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the interview Patti!! I love the parts that you commented back on =D I already watch and LOVE the shows you mentioned about what show i have recently watched and enjoyed =D The only one i haven't watched yet it The Lying Game, but i have them recorded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lying game and chloe king. great interviews! i love "meeting" new bloggers..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patti, nice to get to know you. Bloggers are such a driving force for us Indie authors. We need you!

    Suki and Carlyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Thomas Amo's books around. Must pick them up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...