Monday, August 8, 2011

Up Close & Personal with Author - KC Stone

Where were you born and where do you call home?
I was born in Seneca, South Carolina. I have beautiful mountains on one side of me and Keowee Lake on the other.
How long have you been writing? And is writing your full time occupation?
Unfortunately I have to work full time and only get to write part time. Wish it was the other way around, but maybe one day I can say that.
I started writing in October of 2010 and love every minute of it.
What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 30 or less words, what would you say?
Replaced By a Stranger
Based on a true story, this novel indulges on the ugly truth of what an affair can do to a marriage.
Passion, excitement, and intimacy tangled with lies, deceit, and broken promises.
Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Yes, I have started working on my second novel which is the prequel to Replaced By a Stranger.
Not exactly sure of the title yet, but my plan is to have three novels in the Emily Weston series.
What or who inspired you to write?
After I finished the Twilight saga, I couldn't get the idea out of my head that I would really like to write my own novel.
My family and friends have always supported and pushed for me to write about my life experiences.
So... with red wine and many late nights, I did just that.
Would you like to giveaway a copy of your book on this blog?
Yes, I would love to!

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?
I enjoy them all, but if I had to choose it would be paperbacks.
Where do you prefer to buy your books?
Cheapest way possible. :)
Are you a self published (Indie) Author?
Yes I am.
Have you ever read a book more than once?
I have not read an entire book twice, but I do read my favorite scenes of certain books multiple times.

What book are you currently reading and in what format (ebook/paperback/hardcover)?
I am reading Hannah's Blessing, by Collette Scott, as an ebook. I truly enjoyed "Forever Sunshine" and couldn't wait for her next one to come out.
Is there anything you would change in your last book and why?
Sometimes I think that I would like to extend it over a few more chapters and give more depth to the characters.

Do you write under a pen name?
Yes I do. I could tell you my real name but for your safety and the safety of others, I should not divulge that information. :)
Do you ever write in your PJ’s?
Not only do I write in my PJ's but I also blog, reply and do interviews in my PJ's. lol
Cats or dogs?
Both. My new little kitty thinks she owns the front porch while sharing the dog house with my lab, Bo.
I also have two wienie dogs who hate cats. You can say that it gets a little comical around my house.
White wine or red?
Red wine and white wine are better than no wine at all.
Coffee or tea?
Tea... and specifically my husband's sweet tea.
Favorite food?
All the bad stuff... cheeseburgers, pizza, gravy fries, etc.
Vanilla or chocolate icecream?
Vanilla
What is a movie or TV show that you watched recently and really enjoyed?
Lincoln Lawyer
Where can your readers follow you?
Twitter (kcstone2)



Twitter: kcstone2

Other:
www.createspace.com/3593840

About the book:

Growing up in a small town in South Carolina, Emily Weston enjoyed a good life. Small towns offer great relationships where everyone knows everyone and a peaceful back drop to set the scene of her what seemed to be perfect life. However, this small town was no stranger to affairs, lies and abuse and now, Emily Weston has added to it.

Emily Weston was a woman who had everything she wanted, a loving husband and a great job. However, the pressure of all the flirtatious behavior Emily faced each day at work became too much. Her inner desires and lack of attention from her loving husband, coupled with the onslaught of temptation at work, would prove to be stronger than the marriage she had worked so hard to build. It will soon be apparent all of the things she had worked hard to achieve would come crashing down in a twisted pile of rubble full of lies and deceit.

Emily strived for some kind of balance in her life and she found it in another man. All of the things she had long desired, she found in Troy…..compassion, excitement and fulfillment. She would also discover, along with her fulfilled desires, a game that no one wins……. Lies lived on the tip of Troy’s tongue and his manipulating personality seemed innate. This and more arising danger would be looming for Emily in the not so far distant future.

*This novel is based on a true story


Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview with me and allowing us a glimpse into your writing word.
I hope you share this interview with your friends so we can all get to know you a little better. Patti

17 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...