Saturday, October 8, 2011

Hey everyone! My name is Gabbi and I am the BookBreather!

Hi Gabbi from BookBreather:  Where were you born and where do you call home?
I was born in Sarasota, Florida, which is so gorgeous by the way, but now I live in a little place called Mountain Home, Arkansas. But Sarasota will always be home!

How long have you been blogging?
I've been blogging about four or five months, and I've loved every minute of it!
 
What is the name of the book you most recently blogged about?
I most recently blogged about The Slayer Chronicles: First Kill by Heather Brewer. It is a spin-off series of the Vladimir Tod Chronicles, and it comes out September 20, 2011. It is such a fantastic book and I think everyone should read it.
 
What did you think about the cover?
The cover is absolutely perfect! Simple, yet I can really feel the teenage angst.
 
If you could ask the Author 3 questions what would they be?
Was it weird writing from the point of the Slayer rather than the vampire? How long have you been planning this spin-off series? And do you like writing about Vlad or Joss more?
 
Can you name one of your favorite chapters?
I loved the whole book, but I think one of my favorite chapters is the one where Joss gets whipped. I can say no more than that because I don't want to spoil it!

What was you most favorite character and why?
Joss, definitely. Or Kat. I think they are both so relatable.
 
If this book was part of a series, would you read the next book?
Definitely! I'm so excited to read the next book, even though the first one hasn't actually come out yet!
 
Was this a book you were asked to review or did you buy it?
I received an ARC from the publisher!
 
Have you written a book yourself or are you planning to in the future?
I'm in the process.
 
What genre is your favorite and why?
All things YA, because I am a teenager and teenagers are so easy to relate to and they usually contain the most growth. Other than that, I love Paranormal books. I know it's overrated, but I have ALWAYS loved Paranormal books.
 
If you were shipwrecked on a desert island what 3 books would you want with you?
Oh god! You can't ask me that! Uhhh...Okay....
1) Frostbite by Richelle Mead
2) Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
3) The Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
 
Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?
Of course! I've never met any authors, but my one of my life goals is to meet Cassandra Clare and Richelle Mead!
 
Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?
Paperbacks or Hardcovers, I don't care which!
 
Where do you prefer to buy your books?
Well, I use to always buy my books at Barnes and Noble, but since I moved to Arkansas, where there IS NO Barnes and Noble, I buy them at Wal-Mart.
 
Have you ever read a book more than once?
Tons! When I was a Twi-hard (before the movies came out) I read the entire series about 10! times. I've read the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead about 4 or 5 times. I've read some of Sarah Dessen's books twice. The uglies series by Scott Westerfeld 3 or 4 times. And there are more, but I just can't think. Plus, there are several books and series that I REALLY want to read again.
 
Is there a particular movie or TV series that you preferred over the book version?
I know I'll probably get shot in the face for this, but the Harry Potter movies. I've read the first book and the first half of the second book, but I just couldn't get into it.

What book are you currently reading and in what format (ebook/paperback/hardcover)?
I am currently reading Micheal Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans and I'm reading it in eBook format from Simon Pulse It. I am also reading Cassidy Jones and the Secret Formula by Elise Stokes. It is in paperback form and I received it from the author for review.

What book are you about to start reading?
Fury by Elizabeth Miles.
 
What book do you know that you will never read?
Wow, uh...I'm not sure. I don't think there is one!
 
Are there any new Authors that have grasped your interest recently and why?
Hm...there are tons! I guess Karen Duvall is one. I started following her blog and for some reason I just got really excited for her debut, Knight's Curse which was released sometime last month I think. I received it from NetGalley so I'm excited to read that. Also, Jodi Meadows. Her debut, Incarnate, is going to be released in January of 2012, and I follow her blog and she is just so funny and the book has such an awesome and original premise that I can't wait!
 
Have you read a book that you would like to rewrite the ending of?
Uh, not particularly. I mean, there are books in which I was dissapointed in the ending, but I probably could have done no better than the author!
 
What are your thoughts on book trailers?
It depends. If I am super stoked for a book coming out, I will repeatedly watch the trailer, but other than that I don't have much of an opinion. I just recently started including trailers in my reviews.
 
Do you have a favorite book cover? Chose up to 3 if you like.
Oh gosh! This is so hard. I love the cover for Incarnate by Jodi Meadows, it is so beautiful. Insurgent by Veronica Roth (I recently just posted a Cover Gush post about that one) and The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton, which won my Cover of the Month!
 
Do you ever blog in your PJ’s?
All the freaking time! I'm in my PJs right now!
 
Sleep in or get up early?
Sleep in.

Pet peeves?
Bleh, so many. Bookly speaking: whiny protagonists, stupid protags, plot-convienant things, and there's more but I can't think.


What is on your Christmas wish list?
Once again, so many things! But since I went bookly on the last question, I'll go non-bookly:
A camera, gift certificates, a drum set, candles, shoes, a bookcase...there's more, but my mind is blank.



If you could plan the perfect holiday, what would it be?
Just spending time with my whole family.


How often do you blog?
I try to post something everyday, but with school and whatnot that's not always possible.


How many books do you read in a month - roughly?
It depends. If I'm busy, about six or seven, but if I'm not it could be anywhere from 10-15.
 
Favorite color?
Yellow :D
 
What are 5 items you never leave home without.
Phone, MP3 player, a book, lip gloss, and a hair tie.
 
What is your most favorite electronic gadget?
Uh, MP3 player.
 
Favorite book character or film character crush. Yes you can pick 2 :)
OH LORD. Jace Wayland and Adrian Ivashkov....for the moment.
 
A character you love to hate.
What's up with all the hard questions!? Reth from the Paranormalcy series by Kiersten White or Cassel's mom in the Curse Workers series by Holly Black.
 
Cats or dogs?
Cats.


Coffee or tea?
Love them both, but coffee.
 
Favorite food?
Ceasar salad.
 
Vanilla or chocolate icecream?
Vanilla.
 
What is a movie or TV show that you watched recently and really enjoyed?
The Glee Project.
 
Where can we STALK you?
My blog: http://bookbreather4lyfe.blogspot.com
My Goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6095442-bookbreather-reviews?ref=header
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/BookBreather
Librarything: http://www.librarything.com/profile/BookBreather
BookBlogs: http://bookblogs.ning.com/profile/GabbiCalabrese 

Thanks for having me Patti! I love that you are trying to spread the word about bloggers. Can't wait to read Paradox!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...