Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Interview with Reagan McGuire's. Author of Can You See The Music?

Where were you born and where do you call home?

I was born in Boston but now I call Flagstaff Arizona my home.


What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 30 or less words, what would you say? 

Can You See The Music?   This story is about a man who discovers a way to extend the human lifespan. This book is also a journey deep into the heart of living and dying. 


If you gave some of your characters an opportunity to speak for themselves, what would they say?

Richard would say "What a fool I have been." Kat would quietly smile at him, her eyes filled with a radiant curiosity of a child. “Your journey has been long and arduous my friend” She would say “You have been both blessed with happiness and heartache along the way. It is now time for you to rest here with me and recover yourself.” 



Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?

I am now co-authoring a Shakespearean love story with Ms. Niamh Clune. 


What or who inspired you to write? And how long have you been writing?

I did not know I could write until one day words spilled out of my brain and onto the page.


Would you like to giveaway a copy of your book on this blog?

Sure


How did you come up with the title and cover design?

The title comes from a quote in the book. The cover is my 9 year old adopted Navajo granddaughter who is an important part of the book and my life. She teaches me and Richard to live in the moment, for that all she got or all she cares about.


Have you based any of your characters on someone you know, or real events in your own life?

Yes I molded most of the characters from some very interesting people who I have been blessed to have known.


What books have most influenced your writing most and why?
I am not sure since I am such a veracious reader. I like to think Tolstoy and Balzac along with a hundred others have influenced me as for style I write like Reagan
 

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

Yeah but he is dead. William Blake

A number of scientists whose work I really enjoy. 


Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

I like the feel of a book in my hands.


Where do you prefer to buy your books?

At the local book trader Bookmans


Are you a self published (Indie) Author?

Yes I am.


Have you ever read a book more than once?

I have read hundreds of books more than once. 


Is there a particular movie that you preferred over the book version?

No


What book are you currently reading and in what format (ebook/paperback/hardcover)?

I am currently reading James Joyce's 'Portrait of An Artist as a Young Man'


What book do you know that you will never read?

Text based soap operas have little appeal.


Are there any new Authors that have grasped your interest and why?

Niamh Clune I like her because of her tremendous talent and sharp writing skills. 


Is there anything you would change in your last book and why?

No I am very satisfied with what I wrote except for the grammar.


Who designed the cover of your book?

I did. The picture on the cover is my adopted Navajo Granddaughter Khloe. She is an important part of the story and my life. She teaches me unconditional love and how to live in the moment. That is all she has or cares about.


Do you have a book trailer?

Yes I do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foi6AUVwylw&feature=player_embedded


What are your thoughts on book trailers?

I find it an interesting concept; not quite sure how to push it though.


Do you have any advice for other writers?

Write if you must and forget everyone else.


What is the best advice that you have ever been given when it comes to writing?

Stop looking for people to read your book and give you feedback and finish the damn thing.


Do you write under a pen name?

Nope



White wine or red?

Beer


Coffee or tea?

Tea


Favorite food?

Seafood


Vanilla or chocolate icecream?

Mixed


What do you normally eat for breakfast?

Boiled eggs


What are 4 things you never leave home without?p or desktop for writing?

Laptop


Where and when do you prefer to do your writing?

When my muse is calling.


If you were deserted on an island, who are 3 famous people you would want with you?

Jiddu Krishnamurti, Buddha and William Blakely 


One of your favorite quotes -

"In oneself lies the whole world and if you know how to look and learn, the door is there and the key is in your hand. Nobody on earth can give you either the key or the door to open, except yourself." Jiddu Krishnamurti 




List 3 of your all time favorite books?

Moby Dick by Melville, The Death of Ivan Llyich by Tolstoy, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee 


List 3 of your all time favorite movies?

Tsotsi, Apocalypto, True Grit by the Cohen Brothers. 


An actor you have a crush on -

I would walk to LA to spend a moment with Rosanna Arquette




Where can your readers stalk you?

My webpage www.cystmusic.com

My facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002500754923


Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0054RBNMS

Is your book in Print, ebook or both?




To win a copy of Reagan's book visit - HERE



Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview with me, it has been fun, and allowing us a glimpse into your writing word. I hope you share this interview with your friends so we can all get to know you a little better. Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...