Sunday, July 6, 2014

Author interview with Barbara Morgenroth - RENTED


The real thing, or just rented for the summer?

Cressida Avery wants to spend the months before her junior year in college healing the wounds from her last disastrous relationship.

Everything changes when Garrison Light comes to town and buys a house. He’s handsome, wealthy and a “weekender” from the city. Weekenders look down on the locals and the resentment is mutual.

Something in him calls out to her. Garrison is not like the others, not by a long shot and, even knowing he’ll be gone by Labor Day, Cress still can’t fight her desire to be with him. But nothing about Garrison is what it appears to be on the surface.

Can Garrison help Cress get over Aaron? And will Cress need to get over Garrison?



5.0 out of 5 stars great New Adult
Format:Kindle Edition
I absolutely loved this book ! While I thought this might be your typical romance between the poor girl and the rich guy.. this book is so not that! Cress is a small town girl who helps in her stepmother real estate office to help pay for her college education. She has to help a wealthy man find a house to buy. Garrison is a handsome wealthy young guy who from the first likes Cress. He goes out of his way to get to know her she just keeps thinking if she gets involved with him he is just going to end up leaving her. Toward the end she tells him a tragic secret and he tries to help her get through it but I'm going to tell you the crazy twist ending! You must read this book to find the shocking ending!




What inspired you to start writing, and when?

I was teaching horseback riding and the owner of the farm wanted to return to dairy farming.  I had always planned on being a writer at some point in the future but that was the push that made me start years earlier.  It was a blessing in disguise.

What is your preferred genre?

I like to write whatever interests me.  Fiction, nonfiction, humor.  It’s just something I need to say.

How many books have you written? I’ve had a long career.  30?

 If more than one, are any a series…or trilogy?

The series I’m working on now is Bittersweet Farms.  It’s YA/NA/Crossover about two sisters, their horses and their romances.
My series Bad Apple is about a young man and a young woman who embark on a career in music.
My two-book series, Flash, is about a teenage girl who becomes a celebrity photographer.

Tell us a little about your book.

RENTED is a New Adult book.  Definitely for 18+ due to content.

Cressida is a young woman who grew up in the country, Garrison Light’s lived a privileged life in the city.  They’ve been hurt in different ways, experienced difficult losses and are able to heal each other during the summer.  Sometimes the past just won’t stay in the past and that’s an unfortunate truth they come to learn.

Do you have plans for a new book?

I’m working on a Bittersweet Farm book right now.  What happens after that, I’m not sure.  Maybe a novella. 

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

I love ebooks.  I didn’t think I would but it’s fantastic for me.  So convenient, so portable.

Are you a self- published (Indie) Author?

I started my career being traditionally published.  Now I’m an Indie and I love it.

Who designed the cover of your book?

I design my covers.  This is a DIY operation.

Do you have any advice for other writers starting out?

Read the classics.  Read books that have stood the test of time, not just what’s popular now.
Anything nonfiction by John Gardner on the craft of writing would help.
Just writing isn’t enough if you’re not learning and growing, too.

Pick one - Wine, Chocolate or shoes?
Chocolate!

Cats or dogs?
Horses.

What is your favorite food and beverage?
Pasta, hands down.  I enjoy peach-mango coconut water.

How many hours per day do you try to devote to research and writing?

At least 6.  Writing isn’t for wimps!

Laptop or desktop for writing?

Desktop.  I like that and a large monitor for creating cover art.

Your thoughts on receiving book reviews - the good and the bad - 

The good reviews are pleasant, the others are sometimes incomprehensible. You wonder “Did this person read MY book?”

Do you have a bucket list?

Yes and getting a horse is on it and she’s arriving next weekend.
I hope that doesn’t predict my longevity!

One of your favorite quotes –

To escape criticism - say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.
 Elbert Hubbard

List 3 of your favorite movies?

Singin’ In the Rain
Palm Beach Story
Forbidden Planet

Where can your readers stalk you?


Is your book in Print, ebook or both?

Just ebook right now.

Do you give free ebooks away in exchange for honest reviews?
 I love to!

Book links:



If you have enjoyed reading this post, please help support indie authors and share this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...